What is the meaning of life? There is no straightforward answer to this question because no one knows what it is. There’s just this blank canvass waiting for you to paint a picture based on your thoughts, experiences, and choices. How you arrange the plot points of your life into a narrative can shape who you are and the life you live.
Nevertheless, we all walk our own path, and our journey varies. There are some experiences we have yet to encounter and life lessons that we simply cannot learn until we face them. Most people would say that there are some lessons that came too late, catching us off-guard and unprepared. That’s where Life stories commonly experienced from all over, come in.
It gives you a glimpse of what’s to come. A great reminder that sticks with you. A lesson learned, in a way that research findings often can’t.
The following list unveils some of the most important lessons in life that people learn the hard way.
Lessons to live a meaningful life: It’s all about Mindset
- You’re a student of life. Your sole objective, is to keep learning, thriving, and expanding your mind.
- You can’t think your way into a new life, you have to act your way into one.
- Your entire life can change in an instant. So don’t take things for granted, be grateful for what you have and do whatever good you can with it.
- Every second you spend comparing your life to someone else’s is a second spent wasting yours. You are one of your kind; so stop comparing and create your own definition of success.
- True mental strength is a game-changer. You build it by consciously focusing on what you can control.
- The beliefs you have about yourself will determine how you treat yourself.
- Your habits define you. What you do today is a reflection of who you will become tomorrow.
- Commitment is what gets you started, consistency is what gets you somewhere, and persistence is what keeps you going.
- You have more power than you think to change this situation.
- If it doesn’t bring peace, profits, or purpose, then don’t give it your time, energy, or attention.
- For every action, there’s an equal opposite reaction
- Know your goals but be flexible with the process of getting there.
- Growth and change can feel uncomfortable. But, lack of growth and change can be detrimental.
- Celebrate your small victories. Improving 1% a day makes you 37% better in a year. Baby steps. Master the art of continuous development.
Lessons passed on about: SELF
- Take care of your health early.
- Never lose your self-respect for someone who doesn’t respect you.
- We may keep encountering the same lesson until we are ready to learn it. It’s normal.
- Some people will always be important, with or without a conversation.
- Replace judgment with curiosity.
- It’s okay to feel what you’re feeling.
- Make every moment count
- Sometimes in life, we just need a hug. No words. No advice. Just a hug to make you feel better.
- A lot of conversations need to be had in person. Tones need to be heard, facial expressions need to be seen.
- Your greatest test will be how you handle people who ofended you.
- You don’t need to have everything figured out right this second.
- It wasn’t a waste of time if you learned something.
- Giving up is easy, but holding of and fighting defines the power of your strength
Lessons about Love & Relationships and some heartbraking facts
- Childhood friends get lost in your contact list
- Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are.
- Marriage is just as hard as everyone said it would be.
- Our partner cannot fulfill our needs, and it’s not their job to do so.
- When you care for someone more than they deserve, you get hurt more than you deserve.
- Don’t use a person to forget another.
- Sometimes people don’t have the capacity to love us the way we need to be loved.
- We love at our own level of consciousness
- The deepest form of loneliness comes from being estranged from ourselves, not from others.
- Relationships are not just something we choose, they are something we build.
- Communication is not just about what we say, but also about how we say it.
- Love- don’t take it for granted. It can be the best or worst thing that ever happened to you.
Lessons learned in Work that you should never forget
- At every job you should either earn or learn. Either is fine. Both are best. But if it’s neither, quit.
- Learn how to change the situation, not the person.
- Not all success is due to hard work, it can be due to smart work.
- Talent and skill will put you on a path but it won’t get you to the destination.
- Make connecting with others a priority
- Work until the work is done
- Return money that you have borrowed even before the other person remembers lending it to you. It shows your integrity and character
- Praise publicly. Criticize privately
- Do free work for someone you want to learn from
- Identify a problem, create a solution, monetize the solution.
- Show equal respect- from the boss to the janitor- You don’t grow small by treating someone well in public.
- Good things don’t come easy. don’t give up.
- Dress well. You will be judged by the way you look!
Take these pieces of advice as guidance, not as a rule. Your life is your own and you know what’s best for you. So slow down don’t rush, understand these lessons and keep them as a reminder as your life unfolds. Live life to the fullest and wait to see where it takes you.
If you enjoyed this article check out a related post LIFE BY DESIGN: THE SECRET TO LIVING YOUR BEST LIFE